Hello Direct is a leading supplier of business communication devices, for agencies, public sector, contact centers, enterprises and SMBs. Our core product line includes best-in-class Headsets, Audio & Video Conference Systems, Business Phone Systems, and Computer and other IT related solutions.
Hello Direct is a growing, fast-paced company. Join our team today!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
POSITION SUMMARY / OVERVIEW
The primary focus of the customer service representative is to provide account executives with daily administrative support, managing transactional tasks on their behalf in order to maximize account executives' time and effort in identifying and capturing new sales opportunities in a call center sales environment. Responsible for processing orders, generating quotes and providing customer service and support as needed. Excellent communications skills including active listening, needs assessment and problem solving skills as well as a keen attention to detail are vital to this position.
- Support account executives by processing orders, follow up with order confirmations, generate quotes, provide shipping/tracking and delivery updates as needed
- Leverage computer systems to retrieve pertinent information regarding customers, stock status, the status of purchase orders and to make changes on customer purchase orders; contact procurement for product information to process orders; ensure correct parts/codes are used for retrieving and inputting information in a timely manner
- Work with finance department concerning credit status of customer when processing orders; notify all concerned if on hold or credit card delay for solutions
- Maintain customer information in system (contact names, telephone numbers, etc.) and assist finance department when information is incorrect or missing; correct returned statements and/or invoices with proper addresses; research incorrect information in both purchase orders and products
- Recommend products and solutions appropriate to customer needs
- Manage the needs of dedicated account executives and customers; cover account executive emails, calls, etc. when out of office
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
Education Level Completed:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 1-3 years administrative experience in a fast-paced sales environment
- Language skills: Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to develop effective written correspondence appropriate to audience. Ability to effectively communicate over the phone with a variety of audiences. Ability to effectively present information and ideas orally and in writing to customers/clients and employees within the organization.
- Systems knowledge: Excel, Word, Outlook, Web, NetSuite (preferred); excellent keyboard skills; comfortable working with systems to execute daily work
- Multi-tasking ability within multiple applications to service customer/sales requests
- Familiarity in working with a Unified Communication platform to include a corded or wireless headset